My Favorite Christmas Recipes!

I love making up sweet treats all year round but there is something about the Christmas season that makes it all extra special!  There's nothing like creating festive desserts for everyone you love.

So in the spirit of Christmas and full bellies I decided to round up some of my favorite recipes!


1. White Peppermint Oreo Bark 

My absolute favorite treat around this time of year is PEPPERMINT.  Give me all of it!  Peppermint mochas, peppermint ice cream, peppermint cookies, peppermint cake, and best of all peppermint bark.  It's literally the best ever!  I recently found a recipe here that I love.  It was super easy and it made plenty so there will be lots left over for friends and family.

2.  Nutella Hot Chocolate

Last year I came up with my own version of Nutella hot chocolate.  You can find that blog post here.  This hot chocolate is so rich and creamy and the perfect way to indulge while watching a Christmas movie or decorating the tree.  And who can ever say no to Nutella?

3.  Linzer Cookies 

My husband would probably call me old fashioned for this but I LOVE linzer cookies!  I love cookies with any sort of almond base and the melt in your mouth texture paired with sweet jam is just too good!  These are definitely tricky and a little bit time consuming to make but 100% worth the effort.  And their pretty too!  Check out the recipe here!

4.  Yule Log 

Okay, I will admit I have never attempted to make a yule log cake before but this is giving me all of the Great British Baking Show vibes.  If you are feeling festive and daring try this recipe here!

5.   Puppy Chow

Honestly, what is Christmas without puppy chow?  It's so simple to make and there is always plenty to go around to all your family three times over.  We are traveling this Christmas so I'm thinking of making a big batch for our plane ride.  On a scale of 1 to 10 how "mom life" is bringing a huge bag of homemade puppy chow through security so that you don't have to buy expensive snacks on the other side?  Haha!  I don't know, you tell me!  Recipe here! 

6.  No Bake Cookies 

OMG these are some of my favorite cookies of all time!  They remind me so much of me growing up because I remember making them all the time.  Now that I think of it I haven't made any in a long time and I think I am going to have to remedy that!  Easiest recipe found here.

7.  Peanut Butter Balls 

Speaking of no-bake I was on the phone with my mom last night and she was in the middle of making peanut butter balls.  They sounded so good and they also remind me of Christmas parties growing up so I had to add them to the list!  I love this recipe here that used rice crispy for a little crunch.  You could also use crunchy peanut butter!


Well guys that's all I have for today!  I really hope this helped inspire you to get baking and I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas season!





1 comment